Monday, October 19, 2009

Design Wall Monday

Well, no need for a new photo this week. It's the same as last week's photo. Two rows were added to the bottom.

We had a busy weekend. Babysat for my precious 5 month old great nephew. My sister graciously shares her grandson with me as my kids are waiting on having any kids of their own.

Did get to go the the Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara on Sunday. So many beautiful quilts to see. Lots of new vendor stuff too.

In my humble opinion, many of the quilts were overquilted. I realize that stippling is the rage in quilting right now, but just because we can, doesn't mean we should on every quilt. Some quilts were so heavily stippled they wouldn't bend when the white glove ladies tried to flip the corners to view the back. These were bedsize quilts, not wall hangings.

Hope you have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Just read your post about finding time. I do things in "production" mode. I might do all my cutting until its all done. Then when sewing, I have stacks organized/pinned, (I do this while watching tv)then things are ready to run through the machine. I find 15 minutes can really produce results if I leave my sewing area in a state that is always ready to sew something. Love your storage, I just purchased the wire basket system and that is my project for the weekend. Hopefully I will have before/after pics.

    ReplyDelete